NEW 8 WEEK SESSION: June 20, 2013 thru August 8, 2013
Downloadable "Hockey 1,2,3" Registration Form
“Hockey 1,2,3” is all year round introductory hockey program for skaters (ages 4 +) designed to teach the fundamentals of skating and puck control related to the exciting game of ice hockey.
Upon successful completion of all levels, skater will be
prepared to participate in the youth “In-House” level leagues at Las Vegas Ice Center. Classes are 8 week sessions (except if specified). Each class will consist of thirty minutes of instruction followed by fifteen minutes of open ice to practice skills learned during each class.
It is highly recommended that students continue practicing these skills during “Public Skating” & "Stick and Puck" sessions throughout the week in order to promote a quick progression through the program.
All Players will be evaluated at the end of each 8 week session in preparation for the higher level.
Our goal is to provide excellent and enjoyable instruction in a safe environment.
This is a fun introduction to the great sport of ice hockey.
- Hockey 1 is for the beginning player with very basic skating skills.
(Players advise to complete Tot 3/4 levels of "Learn to Skate" program)
The focus of the course will be on proper skating techniques in Forward and Backward Skating.
- Hockey 2 is for players who have completed Hockey 1 or possess a similar skill level. This session will focus on strengthening existing skating skills: Forward and Backward Crossovers, Hockey Stops and introduction to stick handling and puck control skills.
- Hockey 3 players have completed Hockey 2 or have considerable background in the game of hockey. Skills are further developed in preparation for introduction to game situations and Las Vegas Ice Center
"In-House" Leagues Hockey.
"Hockey 1,2,3" Complete Skills & Tests description
A Learn to Play Hockey student who has passed all levels will be skilled at Forward Skating and Crossovers, Backward Skating and Crossovers, Hockey Stops, Passing and Puck Receiving Skills, Shooting Skills and Introductory Game Skills.
Skates, helmets with cages, hockey gloves are required for Hockey 1.
Full Equipment is required for Hockey 2 and Hockey 3 levels.
Cost: HOCKEY 1,2,3 BRONZE PACKAGE $ 125.00 (One class per week) 8 classes total
The Las Vegas Ice Center will provide skates if necessary at no charge. Beginning Hockey Equipment can be purchased at the Las Vegas Ice Center Pro-shop.
* Players with no ice skating experience are encouraged to start in the "Learn to Skate" program prior to these classes.
* All Players will be evaluated at the end of each session in preparation for the higher level.
* No refunds for missed classes
For additional information, please contact