NEW SESSION: SEPTEMBER 4 - OCTOBER 27, 2018
MONDAY 5:30PM - 6:20PM (NORTH) TUESDAY 5:40PM - 6:30PM (SOUTH)
THURSDAY 5:30PM-6:20PM (NORTH) SATURDAY 10:30AM-11:20AM (NORTH)
Downloadable "Lil' Knights Cross-Ice Program" Registration Form Sept 4 - Oct 27, 2018
Lil' Knights Cross-Ice Program is all year round introductory hockey program for skaters (ages 4 +) designed to teach the fundamentals of skating and puck control related to the exciting game of ice hockey.
Upon successful completion of all levels, skater will be prepared to participate in the youth “In-House” leagues at
Las Vegas Ice Center. Classes are 8 week sessions (except if specified). Each class will consist of 40-45 minutes of instruction followed by 5-10 minutes of open ice to practice skills learned during each class.
It is highly recommended that students continue practicing these skills during Public Skating & Stick and Puck sessions throughout the week in order to promote a quick progression through the program.
All Players will be evaluated at the end of each 8 week session in preparation for the higher level.
Our goal is to provide excellent and enjoyable instruction in a safe environment.
This is a fun introduction to the great sport of ice hockey.
- Hockey 1 is for the beginning player with very basic skating skills. (Players are advised to complete "Beginner" levels of "Learn to Play" program). They will learn & master the hockey ready position, how to identify & use inside & outside edges, how to perform Right & Left C-Cuts, how to forward stride, and how to control stop. Skater must pass four of these five categories in order to advance to Hockey 2.
- Hockey 2 is for players that have completed and passed the evaluation process for Hockey 1. This session is tied in with Hockey 3, but is evaluated separately. These players will learn & master controlled single foot turns & two-feet heel to toe turns, forward R & L crossovers, backward skating (R & L C-Cuts), forward to backward transitioning, and puck control (keeping the puck in front of the body). Skater must pass four of these five categories in order to advance to Hockey 3.
- Hockey 3 is for players that have successfully passed Hockey 1 & Hockey 2. This semester will help the player further develop and prepare for game-like situations. Hockey 3 will be integrated with Hockey 2 although they will be evaluated on different attributes of the game. They will learn & master how to pass and receive the puck (forehand & backhand), how to shoot the puck (forehand "wrist shot", & backhand), advanced puck control (move puck from one side of body to the other), and transition forward to backward with the puck. Skater must pass ALL four categories to be eligible for our In House Recreational Hockey League, aka "House League".
***Skater may be moved up to a different level at any time at the discretion of
Hockey Director, Jordan Van Son or his assistant Amy Farnsworth.***
Full Equipment is required for all Lil' Knights sessions - Each participant is required to have the following: Skates, Helmet (with cage or full face shield), Chest Protector, Pants, Gloves, Shin Guards, Elbow Pads, Mouth Guard, Jock (male players), Pelvic Protector (female players) and a Stick. Skaters will receive a jersey. Neck guards are optional.
"Lil' Knights" BRONZE PACKAGE $ 145.00 (One class per week) 8 classes total
"Lil' Knights" SILVER PACKAGE $ 255.00 (Two classes per week) 16 classes total
"Lil' Knights" GOLD PACKAGE $ 360.00 (Three classes per week) 24 classes total
The Las Vegas Ice Center will provide skates if necessary at no charge. Beginning Hockey Equipment can be purchased at the Las Vegas Ice Center Pro-shop
*Players with no ice skating experience are encouraged to start in the "Learn to Skate" program prior to these classes.
* Players will be evaluated at the end of each session in preparation for the higher level.
* No refunds for missed classes
For additional information, please contact Jordan Van Son